The Integrated Childrens Services Public Health Nursing Team (Health Visiting team and school nurses are based within the Bideford Medical Centre but have strong working relations with Wooda Surgery. You can contact them on 03332341904
They carry out our work in a variety of locations such as homes, playgroups, health centres, schools & many others.
· Working with all age groups on an individual and group basis to help maintain and improve health and offer advice on healthy lifestyle choices.
· Working with parents to provide advice and information on child health, development and behavioural issues.
· Organising, running and participating in teaching group sessions such as parenting courses, ante natal and post natal groups and child health clinics
· Working with multi agency guidelines on safeguarding to ensure protection of vulnerable children.
· Liaising with and referring to other agencies, as appropriate, following consultation and agreement with parents and clients.
· Recognising and identifying area’s of need within the community.
Child Health Checks
Child health clinics will be held at Bideford Bay Children’s’ Centre every Wednesday, 1.30 – 3.30pm.
Safeguarding vulnerable children
All staff members are trained annually to identify children and young people who may be at risk and have a professional duty to act to safeguard their welfare. The abuse or neglect of a child can occur by inflicting harm or by failing to act to prevent harm. Dr Matthew Lee is the lead GP for Safeguarding Children.